Education & Training Advisor
E&T ADVISOR (Volunteer)
*Note: the following is an opportunity for volunteer, part-time, flexible work. Please DO NOT APPLY if you are seeking paid employment.*
Are you passionate about building and guiding learning departments that cultivate the people skills that will grow an organization? WhoWhatWhy is a non-profit news organization looking for a Volunteer E&T Advisor to help us create flexible learning processes based on our organization’s needs. Especially interested in those experienced in non-profits or startups, or journalism.
Who We Are
WhoWhatWhy is a news organization and community that is making a difference, setting a new standard, and innovating on every front. A nonprofit that accepts no advertising, we are staffed largely with skilled volunteers dedicated to elevating public awareness and fostering a more vigorous democracy.
You will work remotely and on your own schedule, though we require a minimum commitment of 10 to 12 hours a week. Because our staff is spread throughout the world, we communicate mostly through Slack and email, and we request that you are able to reply to both in a timely manner. Being familiar with a remote/asynchronous work setup is helpful in this role.
Send us your resume and a detailed and personalized cover letter (required) that shows you have studied our brand and explains why you are qualified for this position. Make clear you understand that this is an unpaid position.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years + experience in a leadership role for learning, organizational development, education, training, etc.
- Experience creating systems and processes for a training department
- Experience with a training department for a non-profit or smaller organization is a plus
- Experience with advising, leading a strategy, guiding and leading through influence
- Strong written and oral communication skills, particularly training creation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and fully-remote environment
- Highly organized and able to work independently as well as within a team
- Innovative and creative thinker
- Guide the in-house education & training (E&T) department on goals, strategies
- Work closely with E&T Lead/VP on planning initiatives for the department, including right-sizing staffing, cultural programs, and new needs as they arise
- Review the organization’s training needs and current E&T projects, and suggest new processes and programs get the most out of our resources
- Work with the Research department to research and provide best practices for E&T
- Collaborate with other department leads and senior management to advise on initiatives, communication plans, and
- Document research, processes, and best practices for E&T
- Collaborate with smart, accomplished, international co-workers
- Be part of an exciting, up-and-coming enterprise
- Work from home on a schedule that suits you
- Make a difference