SOCIAL MEDIA ADMIN INTERN (VOLUNTEER, UNPAID, PART TIME)
NOTE : The following is an opportunity for flexible, part-time, volunteer work. Please DO NOT APPLY if you are only looking for paid employment. All positions are remote/ work-from-home.
Are you an experienced Social Media Admin who is passionate about making a difference? Would you find it exciting to work with smart and talented individuals committed to producing great journalism in the public interest? Can you commit 10 hours a week to our mission, working remotely on your own schedule with our far-flung, diverse team?
WhoWhatWhy.org is a nonpartisan, agenda-free news organization. Not left-wing, not right-wing, not consensus-seeking, we report the truth, whatever it is. We approach each story with an open mind, boundless curiosity, and a willingness to dig deep beneath the surface — and don’t back away in the face of pressure from powerful institutions and groupthink.
We are a nonprofit. We are not funded by a zillionaire. We do not accept corporate ads. As such, we seek skilled volunteers to fill out our growing organizational infrastructure.
Age does not matter. We have among us young students, vibrant retirees, and everything in between, from all walks of life.
- Use social media marketing tools to create global awareness and grow the company’s brand/product presence
- Own the strategy, develop calendars, evaluate opportunities, execute, and measure results on social campaigns that drive engagement and Brand presence
- Research social media trends, opportunities, new content formats and inform management of new, innovative and relevant ways to market
- Awareness of the competitive landscape (messaging, tactics, strategies) on social media platforms
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) for organic social media campaigns, track campaign engagement success, test new ideas, and optimize overall social media performance
- Assist with analyzing the company’s full digital marketing and social media strategy to identify potential opportunities for improvements
- Demonstrated experience with hands-on managing and implementing social media initiatives that engage and will scale to support the requirements of a growing organization
- Led successful social media campaigns optimizations and increased engagement rates across various channels to drive business outcomes.
- Experience working across different global cultures a plus
- Goal oriented with strong performance management capabilities.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and change. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with web analytic tools, such as Google Data Studio. Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret and identify insights and make data-backed decisions to test, measure, and improve programs.
- Project management and critical thinking skills desired
- Knowledge, passion, and understanding of the latest innovations and trends in social media
- Excellent written and verbal skills as well as high interpersonal skills.
- Curious, continual learner with a willingness to embrace professional development
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Social media content development and management experience.
- Strong design eye and skills – Illustrator/Photoshop and photography a plus.
- Ability to utilize data and observations for analysis and decision-making.
- BA/BS Degree and relevant work experience required.
- Channel your passion in a stimulating environment
- Learn the nuts and bolts of nonprofit operations in an up-and-coming organization
- Develop new skills and gain valuable experience that can enhance your professional trajectory
- Do amazing work on a flexible, part-time basis
- Have fun while you make a difference
You will be expected to attend your department’s recurring meetings. Beyond this, you will work on your own schedule. We ask for a minimum commitment of 6 months for at least 10 hours a week. Because our team is spread throughout the world, we rely on a combination of Slack, email, and conference calls, and expect everyone to be responsive in a timely manner.
We will not review applications that appear to be mass submissions. To apply, send your resume and a customized cover letter, making clear you are familiar with our mission and work. You should confirm your understanding that this is a volunteer position. If there is no option to attach a cover letter, please send a cover letter to email@example.com.
Please note that response emails from us sometimes end up in spam folders; don’t forget to check them. Thank you!