Application and Tech Solution Coach (Volunteer)
Application and Tech Solution Coach - Remote (Volunteer)
*Note: The following is an opportunity for flexible, part-time, volunteer work. Please DO NOT APPLY if you are only looking for paid employment. All positions are remote/ work-from-home.
Are you an experienced Application and Tech Solution Coach who is passionate about making a difference? Would you find it exciting to work with smart and talented individuals committed to producing great journalism in the public interest? Can you commit 10-15 hours a week to our mission, working remotely on your own schedule with our far-flung, diverse team?
WhoWhatWhy is looking for an Application and Tech Solution Coach (volunteer). You will serve as a subject matter expert for the application and tech solution group in evaluation and management of all off-the-shelf software to ensure efficiency and optimal performance for support to business operations and requirements. Intuitively anticipating the end-users needs before they even arise.
Strong candidates should have passion and proven experience for software application, team coaching, attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and possess the ability to research and make informed decisions.
WhoWhatWhy.org is a nonpartisan, agenda-free news organization. Not left-wing, not right-wing, not consensus-seeking, we report the truth, whatever it is. We approach each story with an open mind, boundless curiosity, and a willingness to dig deep beneath the surface - and don’t back away in the face of pressure from powerful institutions and groupthink.
We are a nonprofit. We are not funded by a zillionaire. We do not accept corporate ads. As such, we seek skilled volunteers to fill out our growing organizational infrastructure.
Age does not matter. We have among us young students, vibrant retirees, and everything in between, from all walks of life.
- Evaluate existing systems and processes, identify inefficiencies or opportunities for improvements, and configure alternative arrangements and systems that would better support the company’s needs and objectives.
- Investigate and recommend the effective way to manage and control the off-the-shelf software.
- Conduct train-the-trainer courses for proprietary off-the-shelf software packages.
- Advise the ATS team in designing software security and creating a safe place for all login information.
- Develop and apply solid problem-solving techniques and innovate solutions to raised concerns.
- Provide input on software application capacity and industry trends to guide current and future software planning.
- 7+ years of experience in software development or in a related tech solutions role
- Bachelor's or graduate’s degree in a technical field such as or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to mentor a team of ATS analyst and managers.
- Proven experience in off-the-shelf software fit assessment and management
- Excellent communication skills, willingness to learn, and a desire to be part of a dynamic and growing team.
- Excellent problem-solving and reporting abilities are essential.
- Have a solid grasp of — and commitment to — our mission.
- Channel your passion in a stimulating environment.
- Learn the nuts and bolts of nonprofit operations in an up-and-coming organization.
- Develop new skills and gain valuable experience that can enhance your professional trajectory.
- Do amazing work on a flexible, part-time basis.
- Have fun while you make a difference.
You will be expected to attend your department’s recurring meetings. Beyond this, you will work on your own schedule. We ask for a minimum commitment of 6 months for at least 10 hours a week. Because our team is spread throughout the world, we rely on a combination of Slack, email, and conference calls, and expect everyone to be responsive in a timely manner.
We will not review applications that appear to be mass submissions. To apply, send your resume and a customized cover letter, making clear you are familiar with our mission and work. You should confirm your understanding that this is a volunteer position. If there is no option to attach a cover letter, please send a cover letter to [email protected].
Please note that response emails from us sometimes end up in spam folders; please remember to check them. Thank you!