HR Business Partner CEO Team - (Volunteer)
HRBP - (Volunteer) CEO
*Note: The following is an opportunity for flexible, part-time, volunteer work. Please DO NOT APPLY if you are only looking for paid employment. All positions are remote/ work-from-home. Must be fluent in English. We are currently looking for candidates who reside in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. This candidate will work primarily with the Research and Editorial Departments which meet weekly with the CEO.
WhoWhatWhy is seeking a passionate, high-energy individual who is excited about creating and implementing HR programs, structures, and processes. As a startup, we are looking for people who would bring structure and scale to the complex growth challenges of a nonprofit organization by rolling up their sleeves to get stuff done! In addition to doing groundbreaking work, this role will be pivotal in establishing a culture of openness, positive communication, and continuous learning.
Our organization is a nonprofit that is not funded by a zillionaire. We do not accept corporate ads. As such, we are only currently able to pay a small core team, as well as experienced professional freelancers, relying primarily on skilled volunteers to fill out our growing organizational infrastructure.
Age does not matter. We have among us young students, vibrant retirees, and everything in between, from all walks of life.
- Partner with the department leaders and HR team to understand both current and future organization needs.
- Own and manage the HR processes for the department.
- Partner with the business to understand current and future organizational needs.
- Work with Talent Recruiters dedicated to your department to support hiring requirements.
- Partners with Talent Acquisition to source and staff a diverse workforce and ensure a positive onboarding experience.
- Function as a consultant to key leaders, engage in strategic planning meetings to translate business needs into HR plans and build and exceptional Volunteer experience.
- Identify creative sourcing techniques and strategies to find, connect with, and recruit top talent.
- Monitors engagement and continuously looks for creative solutions to improve engagement through HR initiatives.
- Conducts exit interviews along with Senior HR Manager to track trends and provide key insights.
- 5+ years of HR experience, including successfully managing various projects.
- Relevant experience in Marketing domain is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, Business Administration, or related field. Master’s degree preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of HR processes and HR-related metrics and reporting
- Ability to quickly build relationships with hiring managers, colleagues, and candidates, to meet hiring objectives.
- Exceptional communication skills, time management, and attention to detail are key attributes in this role.
- Ability to grasp and project the WhoWhatWhy brand, its values, and its distinct vision in HR policies and processes.
- Channel your passion in a stimulating environment.
- Learn the nuts and bolts of nonprofit operations in an up-and-coming organization.
- Develop new skills and gain valuable experience that can enhance your professional trajectory.
- Do amazing work on a flexible, part-time basis.
- Have fun while you make a difference.
You will be expected to attend your department’s recurring meetings. Beyond this, you will work on your own schedule. We ask for a minimum commitment of 6 months for at least 10 hours a week. Because our team is spread throughout the world, we rely on a combination of Slack, email, and conference calls, and expect everyone to be responsive in a timely manner.
We will not review applications that appear to be mass submissions. To apply, send your resume and a customized cover letter, making clear you are familiar with our mission and work. You should confirm your understanding that this is a volunteer position. If there is no option to attach a cover letter, please send a cover letter to [email protected].
Please note that response emails from us sometimes end up in spam folders; don’t forget to check them. Thank you!