Online Platforms Specialist (Volunteer)
*Note: The following is an opportunity for flexible, part-time, volunteer work. Please DO NOT APPLY if you are only looking for paid employment. All positions are remote/ work-from-home.
Are you an experienced Alternative Posting Platforms Manager who is passionate about making a difference? Would you find it exciting to work with smart and talented individuals committed to producing great journalism in the public interest? Can you commit (a minimum of) 10 hours a week to our mission, working remotely on your own schedule with our far-flung, diverse team?
We are seeking a team of managers to oversee our alternative platform posting group. The managers would be responsible for setting goals and ensuring their team meets them, while supporting their efforts. The team will be posting select job descriptions to alternative job sites, to increase the reach for specific, high-priority positions.
WhoWhatWhy.org is a nonpartisan, agenda-free news organization. Not left-wing, not right-wing, not consensus-seeking, we report the truth, whatever it is. We approach each story with an open mind, boundless curiosity, and a willingness to dig deep beneath the surface — and don’t back away in the face of pressure from powerful institutions and groupthink.
We are a nonprofit. We are not funded by a zillionaire. We do not accept corporate ads. As such, we are only currently able to pay a small core team, as well as experienced professional freelancers — and rely primarily on skilled volunteers to fill out our growing organizational infrastructure.
Age does not matter. We have among us young students, vibrant retirees, and everything in between, from all walks of life.
- Partner with organization leaders and HR Recruiters to understand both current and future organization needs
- Own and manage the entire recruitment process on external job boards
- Track and store all WWW Recruiting Job boards’ login credentials including Idealist / Catchafire / Indeed
- Create/ modify job descriptions, analyze resumes, and determine appropriate matches for vacancies
- Open the reqs on alternative job boards across all the departments
- Track the influx of applications for their relevance and make necessary modifications
- Explore online Job Boards and JazzHr to create recruiting databases based on a number of criteria including industry, experience, skills and education level
- Track and support recruiters corresponding to the departments from their initial application through onboarding
- Work collaboratively with a team of other TA - Recruiters and TA - Managers to support for ads that are critical to business
- Focus on results, ability to drive the recruiting process and provide responsive follow-up to both candidates, recruiters and hiring teams
- Research which job boards, listservs, online communities, or websites will bring in the most traffic with the correct qualifications for job post
- Monitor the platforms and partner with the business to understand our current market position and work to continuously build on our presence and brand with target demographics
- Contribute to Talent Acquisition’s effort of redefining recruitment processes of employer branding, revamping job descriptions, and the candidate experience
- Monitor key recruitment metrics and interpret data for strategic recruiting
- 3+ years of relevant working experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related field
- Experience manually inputting Job Postings into job board websites like Indeed/ ZipRecriter
- The ability to effectively recruit qualified candidates for teams from a diverse candidate pool
- Knowledge of recruitment processes and creative/strategic talent sourcing techniques
- Strong understanding of HR recruiting-related metrics and reporting with prior experience working with ATS and HRIS
- Exceptional communication skills, time management, and attention to detail are key attributes in this role
- Ability to quickly build relationships with hiring managers, colleagues, and candidates, to meet hiring objectives
- Channel your passion in a stimulating environment
- Learn the nuts and bolts of nonprofit operations in an up-and-coming organization
- Develop new skills and gain valuable experience that can enhance your professional trajectory
- Do amazing work on a flexible, part-time basis
- Have fun while you make a difference
You will be expected to attend your department’s recurring meetings. Beyond this, you will work on your own schedule. We ask for a minimum commitment of 6 months for at least 10 hours a week. Because our team is spread throughout the world, we rely on a combination of Slack, email, and conference calls, and expect everyone to be responsive in a timely manner.
We will not review applications that appear to be mass submissions. To apply, send your resume and a customized cover letter, making clear you are familiar with our mission and work. You should confirm your understanding that this is a volunteer position. If there is no option to attach a cover letter, please send a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that response emails from us sometimes end up in spam folders; don’t forget to check them. Thank you!