Talent Acquisition Specialist (Volunteer)
*Note: The following is an opportunity for flexible, part-time, volunteer work. Please DO NOT APPLY if you are only looking for paid employment. All positions are remote/ work-from-home.
Are you an experienced People Operations Specialist who is passionate about making a difference? Would you find it exciting to work with smart and talented individuals committed to producing great journalism in the public interest? Can you commit 10 hours a week to our mission, working remotely on your own schedule with our far-flung, diverse team?
WhoWhatWhy is seeking our next rockstar to join our ever-growing talented team. You will play a crucial role in supporting and helping execute all aspects of the onboarding process, including gathering due diligence information, communicating status updates internally and externally, answering counterparty questions, and escalating issues internally as needed. You’ll be responsible for providing high touch support to new hires throughout the entire onboarding lifecycle.
WhoWhatWhy.org is a nonpartisan, agenda-free news organization. Not left-wing, not right-wing, not consensus-seeking, we report the truth, whatever it is. We approach each story with an open mind, boundless curiosity, and a willingness to dig deep beneath the surface — and don’t back away in the face of pressure from powerful institutions and groupthink.
We are a nonprofit. We are not funded by a zillionaire. We do not accept corporate ads. As such, we seek skilled volunteers to fill out our growing organizational infrastructure.
Age does not matter. We have among us young students, vibrant retirees, and everything in between, from all walks of life.
- Partner with Recruiters and Hiring Managers to support the full cycle recruitment process
- Provide support on all TA administrative activities, projects and management of TA folder on Google drive
- Schedule and perform administrative activities on weekly/recurring Recruiter's team meeting (including taking notes or recording of the meeting)
- Schedule /new Recruiter Orientation sessions on JazzHR
- Administer and provide Jazz HR access credentials to all Recruiters & Hiring Managers
- Timely log and update the candidates' status in a centralized database / HRIS / Recruitment trackers and
- Provide support to recruiters by scheduling candidates, gathering and verifying job information, condensing job descriptions, and posting positions in an applicant tracking system (ATS)
- Generate offers via the ATS per the information provided by the Recruiter
- Collaborate with HR Admin to process new employees to onboard the candidate and review and update team lists such as Volunteer prospect tracker, Meet the Team to align to open/ active roles in the recruitment management tool
- Provides a seamless on-boarding experience by overseeing the pre-employment process; follow-up with new hires day 1 - Week 1 - Month 1 cycle
- Contribute to the function's effort of redefining TA processes /projects associated with the enhancement of recruiting processes or improvement of hiring manager and candidate experience.
- Deliver a positive candidate experience through prompt follow up, high quality work and communication with all candidates throughout the candidate’s lifecycle from initial contact to start date
- Assist with all internal and external TA related inquiries or requests using independent judgement to respond to requests for information or to refer more complex requests to appropriate staff members
- 1-3 years of experience in Recruiting Coordinator and Office Administration
- Experience interfacing with all levels of the organization, including Executives and external candidates
- Experience working in a high-volume human resources or recruiting environment
- Experience with applicant tracking systems
- Strong organization, verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Accurate record-keeping and proper documentation skills. Attention to detail is key!
- Experience using Google calendar and calendly
- Apply a continuous improvement mindset to your work - identify opportunities to improve and standardize processes
- Channel your passion in a stimulating environment
- Learn the nuts and bolts of nonprofit operations in an up-and-coming organization
- Develop new skills and gain valuable experience that can enhance your professional trajectory
- Do amazing work on a flexible, part-time basis
- Have fun while you make a difference
You will be expected to attend your department’s recurring meetings. Beyond this, you will work on your own schedule. We ask for a minimum commitment of 6 months for at least 10 hours a week. Because our team is spread throughout the world, we rely on a combination of Slack, email, and conference calls, and expect everyone to be responsive in a timely manner.
We will not review applications that appear to be mass submissions. To apply, send your resume and a customized cover letter, making clear you are familiar with our mission and work. You should confirm your understanding that this is a volunteer position. If there is no option to attach a cover letter, please send a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that response emails from us sometimes end up in spam folders; don’t forget to check them. Thank you!